Friday, April 5, 2013

Concept art and a big wip!

                                                                                                      Midterms are fast approaching so most of my work that I will be posting up will most likely be school work. The sketches below are an example of that. I'm enjoying a little bit of a break before midterms at the moment. During this time as much as I would love to draw from dawn till dusk I unfortunately have some school projects to finish. Granted most of my big projects are actually fairly enjoyable. My personal work will imaginably be done in between doing homework.  Moving  onward, the drawing above is a concept sketch. For those of you who aren't sure what exactly a concept sketch is, it's a visual representation of an idea or design. These sketches don't have to be a completed art piece but as the word says a "sketch". When I think up characters or creatures most of my females wear elaborate outfits; especially the queen characters. But thus far I haven't drawn out any of the outfits I create in my imagination till today. My first outfit concept sketch I wanted to be more on the simple but alluring side. There will be more to come! 
Below is a midterm project that's due in 2 weeks but since I like to get things done ahead of time I've been working on it while catching up on some TV shows. This piece is fairly annoying only because the paper physically does not fit on my desk. I really have no other option so I have work with what I have. The troubles of living in a tiny apartment! Just awhile ago I finished the sketch but I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to go about coloring it. As much as I would love to color this black and white with good ol' fashion sketching pencils, I know my teacher would be displeased. Anyhow this piece would pop more with color added to it. But whether I'll be painting on this or using colored pencils is yet to be decided. It's one of those moments in art when you draw something perfect, but because of that you're too scared to add color in fear of messing it up. I have faith though that the finished product will be eye catching.I'll keep you updated on the progress of this piece. Until then, cheers! 




Close up no.1
Close up no.2


No comments:

Post a Comment