Sunday, March 17, 2013

Trying out new styles






As you might have noticed I was able to find time during the week to get some art time in. It's a bit crazy how obsessed I can be with art and design. I'm fully determined to at least double my skill by the end of the year. Usually when I'm determined to do something, I get it done.

I started this blog in hopes that I can encourage other people who have a strong desire to become better artist but perhaps feel overwhelmed. I sometimes too feel overwhelmed and helpless at times when I see other artist who just sneeze and produce mater pieces. But we all have to remember that everyone started off as a nobody and worked to get where they are today. I don't consider myself a great artist by far but to get at where I am today I had to put in the hours. To get where I want to be by the end of the year I'll have to keep working hard. But this isn't an issue with me because when you love doing something time has no meaning.

Alright, so what you are seeing above are my experiments. I wanted to try out drawing in comic book style which was very fun but a bit of a challenge to get used to the style. Up left is my boyfriend as a made up comic book hero. It was entertaining and my boyfriend loved it. I do plan on doing some more pieces in this style but for now i'm working on a digital illustration which I hope to post sometime during the next week. In the meantime I'll probably post some of my doodles. 

Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment